Re: [F9->F10 Upgrade] Stubborn libcaca/xine-lib problem

Don Levey wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
>> Don Levey wrote:
>>
>>> 4) Deinstall all 42 of those packages, upgrade libcaca, and then
>>> reinstall the packages available.
>> The easiest approach is pretty much this.  Remove the trouble-makers,
>> upgrade, and then re-install stuff afterward.
>>
>> -- Rex
>>

> Ow.  That list includes some pretty central stuff (KDE and all).  When I
> look here:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=4218
> The suggestion is that there will be an F10 version of xine-lib
> (currently
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/packages/xine-lib/1.1.15/3.fc10/i386/xine-lib-1.1.15-3.fc10.i386.rpm)
>
> Does anyone know if this will be added to the official repositories?  If
> not, I might just remove and reinstall the troublemakers, though I
> wonder why the FC10 packages depend upon a package that isn't part of
> the distro...
>
>  -Don

Fueled by the logical conundrum, I went to one of the official mirrors,
grabbed the xine-lib package, and tried to install it.  RPM said that my
 F9 version was newer than my F10 version; I did it again with --force.
 This allowed me to update libcaca without a problem.  We'll see if I
screwed anything else, but for now it seems OK.

 -Don