Re: F10 - No sound on my OQO

On Thursday 04 December 2008 18:15, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> First, I have sound on another OQO running Centos 5.2 (ALSA 1.0.14 I
> believe).
>
> Now here is some forensics:
>

>  From lspci -v:
>
> 02:01.0 Audio device: VIA Technologies, Inc. VIA High Definition Audio
> Controller (rev 10)
>         Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. VIA High Definition Audio
> Controller
>         Flags: fast devsel, IRQ 17
>         Memory at c2000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
>         Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
>         Capabilities: [60] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+
> Count=1/1 Enable-
>         Capabilities: [70] Express Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
>         Capabilities: [100] Virtual Channel <?>
>         Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel
>
> cat /proc/asound/version
>
> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.17.
>
> cat /proc/asound/cards
>
> --- no soundcards ---
>

> OOPS!!!! Why no sound card?

Hi Robert.

What exactly is an OQO?

No sound card, means just that. the soundcard can't be detected.

You may find that the snd modules are loaded. Try the command as below, and
post back the output.
/sbin/lsmod | grep snd

Which make/model of Laptop/PC is this? The OQO bit is a bit confusing.

You could download the script from the link below, save it as alsa-info.sh,
make it executable, then run it as ./alsa-info.sh. Running this script will
upload info about your machine, and specifically sound related stuff to a
website. Post back the link to the site, and I, and hopefully others can
examine your problem.

http://hg.alsa-project.org/alsa/raw-file/tip/alsa-info.sh

All the best.

Nigel.