Re: Preupgrade F9->F10 Now No Network Connectivity

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Claude Jones
<cjoneslists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 December 2008 16:46:52 Curt Stauffer wrote:
>> OK, I admit it - I messed up.  At first when I decided to switch to
>> DHCP I also switched NM on (it was disabled since I was originally
>> using a static address).  When I did this I *think* that I got a valid
>> ip and gateway.  I've now switched back to s-c-network but with DHCP -
>> rebooted and eth0 won't come up (DHCP failed).
>>
>> One other data point - I rebooted with Kubuntu Live and no problems
>> with network at all.
>
> Open a root console:
> run 'setenforce 0'
> then 'service network restart'
> Post the output of these commands

I already have Selinux set to "permissive", so here is what happened
when I did the restart:

Shutting down interface eth0: [ok]
Shutting down loopback interface: [ok]
Bringing up loopback interface: [ok]
Bringing up interface eth0:
Determining IP information for eth0...Nothing to flush.
PING <default gateway IP> (<default gateway IP> from <apparently
assigned workstation IP address> eth0: 56(84) bytes of data.

--- <default gateway IP> ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 1000ms

 failed. [FAILED]

Network card is working just fine - booted from a Ubuntu Live CD I had
laying around and no problems.

I then tried a F10 Live CD - had network for a few moments and
suddenly the network widget thing up in the upper left hand corner of
the desktop said "connection has been lost".

Stranger and stranger...

-Curt