Re: Cisco VPN via vpnc - config issues

Kevin Kempter wrote:
Hi all ;

I've installed vpnc on Fedora 10

I have a cisco connection on a mac that works fine.

I've tried to re-create in a vpnc config file like this (I replaced the values for security):

IPSec gateway 1.2.3.4
IPSec ID custname
IKE Authmode psk
IPSec secret psk_secret
# your username goes here:
Xauth username assigned_username

I always get this response:
Enter password for assigned_username@xxxxxxx:
vpnc: no response from target

Can anyone help me debug this ?

Looks like a firewall setting.  Make sure your iptables is set up to
accept the various protocols.  I have these rules:

	# Protocol 50 is for encapsulated security payload...
	-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p 50 -j ACCEPT
	# Protocol 51 is for authentication headers...
	-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p 51 -j ACCEPT

Test first by disabling your firewall ("service iptables stop"), and
trying the connection again.  If it works, then use your favorite
firewall tailoring tool to put in those rules and try again.