fedora 9 live firewall

I find it confusing that the settings on fedora 9 live for firewall are such that we tick the options that we trust such as secure http or http.  If firewall is on anyway, what is the implication of setting these internet options to trust as opposed to leaving firewall on, but without these trust settings when going on line?

Thanks
Eric

Take your friends with you with Mobile Messenger. Click Here!