Re: Firefox Loses DNS in F10

Richard Heck <rgheck@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I've been seeing a weird problem on F10 in Firefox on a fresh install
> onto my daughter's machine. Frequently, after using Firefox for a bit,
> it seems to lose its ability to do DNS lookups. Every URL reports not
> found. Shutting it down and reopening solves the problem. So it's just
> Firefox, not the whole system. Any ideas?

You failed to mention if you are running your own bind or using your
ISP's resolver.  If you are using theirs, try running your own and see
if things get better.  In general, the current yum version is only a
few weeks behind the ISC releases.  The quality of that is far higher
than the average ill-maintained ISP resolver or the utterly pathetic
resolvers found in home NAT boxes. (I've seen consumer NAT boxes that
reply to a resolver query of one type with an answer for a totally
different type.)

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              http://www.full-steam.org/  (ipv6-only)
         You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.