Re: Warning: rpmfusion nvidia driver needs a special xorg.conf setup.

On Sat, 2008-11-29 at 13:57 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 11:08:04 -0700
> "Christopher A. Williams" <chriswfedora@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > (Sheesh! I can't believe developers still like to
> > hard code directory paths when there's no reason to!!!) would be to use
> > bad packaging practice.
>
> Hey, if it will help anyone I have a handy program I've often used
> for things like this. It can take a binary blob, look for strings,
> and substitute different strings of equal or lesser length (padded
> out will nul bytes if it is a shorter string).
>
> Great for building stuff that thinks it should be installed in
> /some/testing/place/usr/lib/whatever, testing it, then transforming
> the binaries to think they are at /usr/lib/whatever once you are
> ready to install for real.

Hmm... Could be useful indeed. The only question here is if we can both
modify the ATI proprietary code as needed with it AND then legally
distribute the modified version via RPMFusion.

We could possibly modify the ATI code, make sure it works, and then send
the modified version back to ATI as a patch to get their blessing.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Chris