Re: Googleearth won't run on F10

On Friday 28 November 2008, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>Mike Faire wrote:
>>
>> snip...

>>> That's a bit like asking how to turn off the burglar alarm so break-ins
>>> won't be so noisy. The correct question is how to set attributes
>>> correctly so google earth will run, and the answer may be in the SElinux
>>> report, as it often is. Real the report and see if it gives you a command
>>> to run which solves the problem.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
>>
>> While your point is well taken Bill, looking at
>> http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/papers/policy2/t1.html
>> makes it clear that adjusting rules and policies is going to require
>> more time and study than I can afford in the foreseeable future. I
>> have a plate full.
>
>The error status from selinux often contains the command to reset the
> attributes needed to make the application work. No research needed, drag
> and drop the command into a root shell, hit ENTER.

'twould be nice if that worked. :(

Unforch, I can't recall when the setroubleshooters advice ever worked here.
The latest denial recommends a 'restorecon -v "./lp3"' but doesn't work on the
only "./lp3" I could find on the system, in /etc/cups/interfaces/lp3.  Using
Brothers own drivers installed by their own rpms.  I even did an autorelabel
on the last reboot, no change in the error message I posted to the selinux
list noonish yesterday, and no reply has been seen.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)