Re: CPU clock is at 100%...

Mike Chalmers wrote:
What I am saying is that in KDE System Guard, it says that my CPU
Clock Frequency is at 100% all the time. I do not know if this is
normal behavior or not. Here is a screen shot. Memory is fine, hard
drive is fine I think. Thanks.

Any help is appreciated.

That just means that not speed control application is telling your CPU to run slower than full speed, and that's not a cause of slowdown. I don't recall that you said what your CPU is, but if 800MHz is full speed, it may not have any speedstep or other features.

I'd look elsewhere. If you run "vmstat 10 20 >stat.vm" and examine the output file, you may see some indication of the bottleneck. Of course if your computer is old and slow, no tuning will make it otherwise. :-(

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>