Re: Grub can't mount drive (Solved)

g wrote:

I was able to solve this problem by following these steps:

I downloaded and burned a Super GRUB disk and booted the computer with it. This allowed me to attempt an auto fix but that did not help. So I used it to look at all my hard drives and their partitions.
I then rebooted into rescue mode using the Fedora CD.
At command prompt I typed the following:
chroot /mnt/sysimage
grub-install /dev/sda  (/dev/hda for IDE drives)

After reboot I was able to get the GRUB OS list but still could not boot Fedora.
I then highlighted the Fedora OS I wanted to boot and pressed "e"
It then showed me that the root partition was (hd1,2) but my Fedora partition is on (hd1,1)
I highlighted the root selection and pressed "e"
I was then able to change the root to (hd1,1) and booted Fedora successfully. After a successful boot up and login, I used krusader in root mode and went to /boot/grub/ and edited the grub.conf file so that all root entries were (hd1,1) (This can also be done through the command line in root mode)
Problem solved.