Moving Fedora 9 Hard Disk To Another System

For a large installation of Fedora 9 we are cloning an updated system
on identical hard disks and then using that hard disk on other
systems. Most of the systems are either Pentium 4 or Core Duo
processor based and are capable of running the same kernel (i686) The
minor problems being faced include difference in network card drivers
requiring reconfiguration . However in certain cases, though we are
able to successfully boot Fedora 9 on a system using a cloned hard
disk but if the same hard disk is moved to another system having a
different motherboard, the system boot process comes to a halt after a
few steps as it is not able to locate the file systems on the hard
disk. The GRUB screen is displayed indicating that the MBR is being
read properly. Can there be a likelihood of the disk geometry being
interpreted in different manner leading to non recognition of
filesystems ? I would appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Thanks,
--
Manish Kathuria