Is this grub.conf file correct?

Hello,

this is on the same computer where I cannot log in because I never get a
password prompt
(even if I boot into single user mode and reset the root passwd successfully)

I am wondering if the problem depends on wrong boot options in grub.conf
or /etc/fstab.

There is only one SATA hard disk. During the install I  left partitions as
they were before, when running FC8: sda1 as /boot, sda2 as swap, sda3 as /

Now ended up with this grub.conf:

default=0
timeout=20
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.img.gz
root (hd0,0)
title Fedora 9
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.25-14.fc9.x86_64 rhgb
initrd /initrd-2.6.25-14.fc9.x86_64.img

and /etc/fstab is:

UUID=long_string_here / ext3 defaults 1 1
UUID=another_long_string_here /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
tmpfs .....
devpts ........
sysfs ........
UUID=other_long_string swap defaults 0 0

the non-UUID lines are the same (IIRC) as they were in the previous install

The question is, are those two files consistant among themselves and the
disk configuration? And could an error there be what makes no password
prompt appear when you login?

TIA,
Marco