Re: Cannot login as root, was: Anaconda for F9 doesn't install kernel...

On Sat, November 15, 2008 8:28 pm, M. Fioretti wrote:

> Now grub does boot the f9 kernel, but when I get to a console login and
> type root, it doesn't prompt me for the password. It just clears the
> screen and gives me the login prompt again.

update: booting in single user mode and setting again the password, as
suggested in several web pages, doesn't change anything.

I login in single user mode successfully (at least there are no errors I
see during the boot), type passwd, enter twice the new root password and I
get a "all authentication tokens were updated successfully" message. I see
that /etc/shadow is updated. But when I reboot is always the same story:

I get the login prompt, type root, after a few seconds I get the login
prompt again, the pc never asks for a password.

What next?

Thanks,
Marco