advice for data recovery

Hello All,

I am trying to recover .jpgs that were on a SATA drive that was formatted by
mistake. No backup of course. Foremost has done a wonderful job of recovering
several tens of thousands of files. Unfortunately many of them are either
irrelevant (cached web fragments, etc.) or damaged. The most common type of
damage is shown when trying to view them in Nautilus, when I get a message
saying, "unsupported marker type."

It seems about 30% - 40% of the files recovered are damaged in this way.

They aren't my images and I am not able to gauge what is worthwhile or not but
I would like to do some triage by only considering those of a certain minimum
size (easy to do) and not damaged (no idea.)

So does anyone know of a program I can use to only copy files that are not
damaged? I can sort out the teenies, but don't see how to proceed after that.

TIA.

Dave

--
Canada must refuse to be entangled in any more wars fought to make the world
safe for capitalism.

-- The Regina Manifesto, 1933