Re: how to count nfs clients attached to my server?

Thomas Cameron wrote:
Skunk Worx wrote:
Is there a way, on a server, to discover how many clients are currently attached to a NFS file share?

I'd like to be able to see a list of the clients that have "my" NFS share mounted.

It's my understanding /usr/sbin/exportfs gives a list but it is not reliable as it depends on clients un-mounting the share properly.

I suppose the nature of NFS makes it impossible to maintain/calculate an accurate client list, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Have a look at /var/lib/nfs/rmtab and other files in /var/lib/nfs/

/usr/sbin/showmount will give you a list of IP's connected.

DESCRIPTION
showmount queries the mount daemon on a remote host for information
about the state of the NFS server on that machine. With no options
showmount lists the set of clients who are mounting from that host.
The output from showmount is designed to appear as though it were pro-
cessed through ‘‘sort -u’’.