Re: Yum Woes with Python

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Seann Clark
The yum traceback is higher up in the email, but here it is again. This is a
64 bit system running Fedora 9.

There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

 No module named config

Sorry I didn't recognize that as a python traceback...
its fancy error message that yum is producing

It looks to me like the config.py   file which comes as part of the
yum package is "missing" on your system.

report back the output of:
rpm -q yum
and
rpm -V yum
and
rpm -ql yum |grep config

verify that the config.py files that comes with the yum package that
you have installed is where it should be in your system.

-jef

Wed Nov 05-15:08:28-root@haruhi:snmp> rpm -q yum
yum-3.2.19-3.fc9.noarch
Wed Nov 05-15:16:26-root@haruhi:snmp> rpm -V yum
Wed Nov 05-15:16:36-root@haruhi:snmp> rpm -ql yum |grep config
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/config.py
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/config.pyc
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/config.pyo

Wed Nov 05-15:17:51-root@haruhi:yum> ls  |grep config
config.py
config.pyc
config.pyo
Wed Nov 05-15:18:33-root@haruhi:yum> pwd
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum

And an Ftrace, that I don't see as providing much( The fancy error, as it was called, is really worthless):
Wed Nov 05-15:20:10-root@haruhi:yum> ftrace /usr/bin/yum
11917.11917 attached /usr/bin/python
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

  No module named config

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.5.1 (r251:54863, Jun 15 2008, 18:24:56)
[GCC 4.3.0 20080428 (Red Hat 4.3.0-8)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
the yum faq at:
 http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq

11917.11917 exited with status 1

Regards,