Re: Yum Woes with Python

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Seann Clark
> The yum traceback is higher up in the email, but here it is again. This is a
> 64 bit system running Fedora 9.
>
> There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
> required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:
>
>  No module named config

Sorry I didn't recognize that as a python traceback...
its fancy error message that yum is producing

It looks to me like the config.py   file which comes as part of the
yum package is "missing" on your system.

report back the output of:
rpm -q yum
and
rpm -V yum
and
rpm -ql yum |grep config

verify that the config.py files that comes with the yum package that
you have installed is where it should be in your system.

-jef