Re: Non-kde app launcher in KDE4 F9?

On Tue November 4 2008 4:10:22 am Mike Cloaked wrote:

> I am away from my f9 machine at present - but I will try this in the next

> day or so. Your info does relate to KDE4 in the kickoff menu, not KDE3.35 I

> presume? If this will give the ability to add a link to a script to run

> then this is what I need or a link to any third part application, or code

> that I have compiled or untarred to an area such as /opt/*****

> If this will indeed create a new menu item in kickoff then getting an icon

> from there into the panel is easy.

What the menu editor does is open a display of the classic menu and allow you to create an icon there for any executable on your machine. Once you're done, that menu-item you just created will also appear in the kickoff menu, and as you point out, is easily deployable from there to the panel, desktop, or favorites list.

--

Claude Jones

Brunswick, MD, USA