Re: FEDORA net etiquette

Simon Slater wrote:
On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 12:33 -0400, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
Actually, the issue with HTML email is that it violates RFCs /and/
wastes bandwidth.  Signatures do neither.

Matt Flaschen
	Just out of interest, which RFC's?

Yes, which RFCs does it violate?  I know of none.  The RFCs simply state
how things are to be encoded and the like but they do NOT put
restrictions on what the content of any email message (or its
attachments) may be, which is one reason so damned many virii get
distributed.

And no, signatures don't violate RFCs but, since they're not strictly
part of the message they could be considered a bandwidth waste.  If
they aren't, why don't we put signatures on all of our SMS text messages
on our cell phones?  The cell providers would LOVE all that extra text!
I hear "cha-CHING" ringing in their ears!

(I'd love to see Verizon take that stupid "Sent from my Verizon Wireless
BlackBerry" crap off my emails from my CrackBerry...they even make ME
pay for them, the jerks!)