Re: FEDORA net etiquette

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>>> My question: are there rules for the fedora email traffic saying: do
>>> not use signatures?
>>>
>> No...there isn't.
>>
>> But, people get bent out of shape because they view html emails as
>> bandwidth wasters.
>>

> Actually, the issue with HTML email is that it violates RFCs /and/
> wastes bandwidth.  Signatures do neither.

Unless you can explain why you think HTML email violates any RFC I'll
have to respectfully disagree with your statement.  As a matter of fact,
there are several RFCs that deal specifically with HTML in much the same
manner that there are RFCs that specifically deal with the varying forms
of digital signatures.

Please note that there are different "implementations"   (e.g.
Thunderbird, Evolution, mutt, pine, sendmail, postfix, etc.) that follow
various numbers of RFCs.  Its true that, at times, the developers of
these err in their interpretation or implementation of portions of
RFCs.  That is commonly referred to as a "bug".

--
To make tax forms true they should read "Income Owed Us" and "Incommode
You".