Apache issues on Fedora 9

All,

I have two issues, one is with the build itself, and the other is one of those "I can't figure it out myself" issues. Lets start with the one that is less user error based. I have a server that is running fedora 9 x64 that runs decently, but the parent process SegFaults when issued a reload command (service httpd reload) but is fine, no problem when I restart it, instead of reload it. I don't have any trace information, and don't know if it is dumping a core. I have had this problem for a while (since going with F9, up from F7 on a 32bit box) and I am wondering if anyone else has seen this problem, and if so, what they did to fix it, if they did. My restart work around works for me right now, I am just wondering if this has been seen elsewhere. Package/Install information appended to the end of the message for the sake of clarity.

My second issue, which I know is something I am doing wrong, but I can't figure out what is that I have one server, servicing my .net site, which has been up with the same config for about two years. I have expanded out domains to include a .org and a .com, which I would like to virtualhost. Problem is, with the virtual host configurations I have had set up, I get one of two results, either it only hits the first virtual, or it hits the default all the time (.net) even though it is getting the .com or .org header as the requested site (which should trigger the server name aspect and serve the correct content.l

The configuration has been tried two ways, both as adding on to the .net configuration: adding in .conf files in /etc/httpd/conf.d as well as adding in the Virtual server statements in httpd.conf (not both at the same time, ever since it is conflicting information) I also have it set to listen for named virtual servers on the servers IP address. A snippet from the httpd.conf file is:

NameVirtualHost *:80

#VirtualHost example:
#Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
#The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
#server name.
<VirtualHost *:*>
   ServerAdmin webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   DocumentRoot /var/www/commercial/
   ServerName www.tsukinokage.com
   ServerAlias www.tsukinokage.com *.tsukinokage.com
   ServerPath /commercial/
   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteRule ^(/commercial/.*) /www/commercial$1
   ErrorLog logs/commercial_error_log
   CustomLog logs/commercial_access_log common
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:*>
   ServerAdmin webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   DocumentRoot /var/www/org/
   ServerName www.tsukinokage.org
   ServerAlias www.tsukinokage.org *.tsukinokage.org
   ServerPath /org/
   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteRule ^(/org/.*) /www/tsukinokage$1
   ErrorLog logs/org_error_log
   CustomLog logs/org_access_log common
</VirtualHost>

This information is added onto the end of the working config for the .net site. I have even tried changing listening ports and still I get only the content from the net site, even though it is in a different directory that isn't listed for the other configs. I am rather stumped, and nothing I have tried off examples and the apache site have worked for me

Any help would be appreciated. .

Regards,
Seann

Wed Oct 29-08:53:50-root@haruhi:PXEDev> uname -a
Linux haruhi 2.6.26.5-45.fc9.x86_64 1 SMP Sat Sep 20 03:23:12 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
*
*Packages installed for this
httpunit-1.6.2-1jpp.1.fc7.noarch
httpd-manual-2.2.9-1.fc9.x86_64
jakarta-commons-httpclient-javadoc-3.1-0jpp.1.fc9.x86_64
nagios-plugins-http-1.4.13-9.fc9.x86_64
system-config-httpd-1.4.4-1.fc8.noarch
jakarta-commons-httpclient-demo-3.1-0jpp.1.fc9.x86_64
httpd-tools-2.2.9-1.fc9.x86_64
python-httplib2-0.4.0-1.fc9.noarch
jakarta-commons-httpclient-manual-3.1-0jpp.1.fc9.x86_64
jakarta-commons-httpclient-3.1-0jpp.1.fc9.x86_64
httpd-2.2.9-1.fc9.x86_64
mod_geoip-1.2.5-2.fc9.x86_64
mod_auth_pgsql-2.0.3-7.x86_64
mod_fcgid-2.2-4.fc9.x86_64
mod_security-2.1.6-1.fc9.x86_64
mod_extract_forwarded-2.0.2-3.fc9.x86_64
mod_auth_mysql-3.0.0-6.x86_64
mod_auth_pam-1.1.1-5.fc9.x86_64
mod_cband-0.9.7.5-2.fc9.x86_64
mod_auth_ntlm_winbind-0.0.0-0.8.20070129svn713.fc9.x86_64
mod_authz_ldap-0.26-10.x86_64
mod_nss-1.0.7-9.fc9.x86_64
mod_perl-2.0.4-1.fc9.x86_64
mod_python-3.3.1-7.x86_64