Re: mount relatime option / Ext3-fs: Unrecognized mount option ...

> Ryan, thanks for mentioning removing relatime flag before building
> a new initrd. I forgot to mention that. See the bugzilla entry link I
> posted before (comment #4) which explains what's going on.

Looking at that bug task now I see it's totally relevant and explains
our issue. Doesn't have anything to do with this particular kernel I
see. It hadn't occurred to me that this was the first time I had
updated my kernel since adding relatime to my laptop's fstab.

I want to ESPECIALLY thank you for the pointer Kenny, because
something said on that page led me to do a little research and realize
that by default, relatime is actually set for all filesystems by the
kernel nowadays. Wow. Had no idea. I only started using it because I
found it in the mount man page. SO GARY, you can take your relatime
stuff out of fstab too. :) For more info, see
http://lwn.net/Articles/244829/ ... then if you want even more google
"default_relatime". (On a kernel that has the update, you'll find
/proc/sys/kernel/fs/default_relatime, which will be set to 1 unless
you change it with a boot option [or on the fly].)