Re: Fedora 9 Issues:

Craig White wrote:

> When I started using Red Hat Linux (like RHL 5.0), I had to break it a
> number of times, reinstall and continually evaluate to push my knowledge
> and I can appreciate that most people don't have that same level of
> interest. You have to really want to understand it to figure out that it
> all makes sense and it all is eminently fixable and a wipe/reinstall
> shouldn't really be necessary (beyond just to save time).
>
> Judging by your previous e-mails you seem to possess some computer
> skills and some intellectual curiosity but you seemed to just gloss over
> questions that I had asked which might have enabled me to help out at
> which point, I sort of lost interest.
>
> Something to consider...this list is all volunteer and people have
> varying levels of skills and you may get requests for more info or
> suggestions from varying individuals with varying amounts of usefulness
> and eventually you either sort them out and plug into those who can help
> out or you simply get buried in the high volume of traffic.
>
> Craig

I think Craig has a good point here - I would bet the most of the
people who give good advice on here have broken their system more
then once, and learned how to fix it. Of course, it is also a good
learning experience when someone else breaks their system, and
brings it to you to fix.

Now days, you can also create a virtual system to play with when you
want to break something, and be able to take you time fixing it
without losing the use of the machine. It sure takes up less space
then keeping a spare machine to do this with.

Mikkel