Re: Fedora 9 Issues:

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 16:09 +0000, vohnmaxwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I've upgraded to Fedora 9 and about the only thing that seems to run
> with any consistancy are the KDE applications.  Third party programs,
> such as OpenOffice, will not run.  FireFox runs sporatically in Gnome
> but not at all in KDE.  Forget about Gnome applications - Evolution
> for example.
>
> I have been using Evolution as my mail client/calendar/contact list
> and more for some time.  It interfaces with OpenOffice by allowing it
> to generate labels using the contacts from Evolution.
>
> Has Fedora abondoned support for Gnome?  How about OpenOffice?
>
> Or, is there something I am missing?
----
create a new user and try logging in as that user and see if gnome,
openoffice, etc. work properly, which they should.

If so, the problem is with the files in your $HOME directory

If not, you have a problem with your installation

GNOME, OpenOffice should work fine on an updated Fedora 9 installation.

Craig