Re: X over a reverse SSH tunnel

Tom Brown wrote:
Hi

I can ssh to my work PC, that runs Fedora, from home by using a reverse
ssh tunnel, this is because the VPN software does not work on Linux. Can
anyone explain to me how i can connect to the X server on the work PC from
my home machine by using the same reverse tunnel method? Ideally i'd like
to have it as simple as having a 'remote desktop' type affair.

I can install anything i like so would something like VNC work?

thanks

*

Goto   http://www.nomachine.com/download-package.php?Prod_Id=4
and download: rpms
Client
Node
Server

If there are any routers involved be sure they direct "port 22" to the box you want to log onto. This software works right out of the box, the only settings you have to change is the IP to remote box and passwords. As long as your sshd is running you'll have no problems.
I have found this version of NX works better than freeNX
*