Re: The Big ACL Opening

Casey Dahlin wrote:
So, as most of you have probably heard, we are now on a two-tiered access system for CVS. The final change which we will be making is the mass ACL open.

What will happen is all packages which are now set to be private, accessible by their maintainers and a few specific individuals only, will be opened up to all überpackager members. Members of überpackager represent a filtered minority of CVS comitters, but membership is easy to come by for anyone that asks.

As written here, this sounds risky.
Is it more like:
membership is easy to come by for existing packagers with:
- a good track record
- minimum number of existing packages
- some other qualifier ?

DaveT.