Re: F9: System hangs after long inactivity.

On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 09:45 -0700, Dan Thurman wrote:
> I cannot seem to back it up (complains of disk failures (but the disk
> is < 2 months old!))

If the drive really is faulty, I wonder if that's due to the hard drive
been set to park its heads as soon as it's idle (which gets woken up by
Linux seconds later, rinse, lather repeat).

There was some fuss, some while back, about laptop drives being killed
off by Linux.  Though the fuss ignored the fact that Windows did the
same thing.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.26.5-45.fc9.i686