Re: Auto Log in screen

The link above is interesting, but I can confirm that Autologin still
works with F9, by adding the following lines that I borrowed
from /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf on my FC2 install. Before suggesting this to
Steve Friis I rebooted F9, and was auto logged in to KDE. (never used
autologin before)

[daemon]
# Automatic login, if true the first local screen will automatically
logged # in as user as set with AutomaticLogin key
AutomaticLoginEnable=true
AutomaticLogin=djmons

Steve replied (unfortunately sending the reply by way of the latest
digest he'd received, so the subject is the digest one), saying that
those lines work fine on his laptop, and was about to try it on his
server, where he needs autologin to work.

Odd that the link above mentions nothing about autologin, but have
confirmed for myself that the above lines added to /etc/gdm/custom.conf
on F9 still work for autologin.
Thought, it works with kde, but what about gnome?  Have you or Steve
tried it with gnome desktop instead to see what happens?

Nigel Henry wrote: Well all I can say is that I've just tried it with autologin to Gnome, and it works like magic, and I have access to the Gnome desktop, just as it does with autologin to KDE.

That's all I can say. Adding the lines, as above to /etc/gdm/custom.conf, just seem to work, whether that is for KDE, or Gnome.

I can also confirm that it works in Gnome. I've been using it for a while now.

Trapper