RE: EeePC - to Fedora or not?

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Timothy Murphy
Sent: Sun 10/12/2008 6:24 AM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: EeePC - to Fedora or not?

I recently acquired an Asus EeePC-1000
(the Linux version with a 40GB SSD).
I don't really like the Linux system running on the machine,
and am thinking about installing Fedora instead or in addition.

What actually are the advantages of Fedora in this case?
Also, will I have any problems with WiFi,
which works very well in the current system?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Not too long ago I installed F9 on an eee PC 9. This was an attempted fix
after a friend's son botched an attempted "upgrade" horribly. (I think that I
have since then figured out that he accepted a BIOS upgrade from ASUS'
Xandros repository while trying to update Open Office). Anyway, wifi works
fine on the machine, but there are little KDE 4 oddities. I think that I'll
try F10 for him and see if I can get everything to work. My procedure for
installation can be found in the following thread
http://www.linux.com/forums/topic/2462

Peter D. Roopnarine, Assoc. Curator
Dept. of Invertebrate Zoology & Geology
California Academy of Sciences
55 Music Concourse Drive
San Francisco CA 94118
USA

http://zeus.calacademy.org/roopnarine/peter.html
http://www.calacademy.org/blogs
Tel. (415)379-5271
"There's a thing about Americans. We're not very good occupiers." Judgement
at Nuremberg

<<winmail.dat>>