Re: evolution fails to send mail

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 4:32 AM, Andrew Parker <andrewparker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 11:18 PM, charles zeitler <cfzeitler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> i recently changed my gmail password, and evolution has stopped sending mail via smtp.gmail.com.
> i tried making a new profile w/ 'remember password' unchecked, it failed to ask for it. tried the
> 'forget passwords' function w/ same results. i even disabled my wallet. no luck.

I don't know if this will help you, but I get a lot of problems with
the exchange plugin when my password changes on that.  Here's what I
do then:

evolution --force-shutdown
evolution --offline

Once everything has started up, I put it back online with File -> Work
Online.  At this point it detects the password is wrong and asks me
for another.

thanks for the reply. i tried your suggestion, evolution came up online, &
same problem. took it offline & back online via 'file' menu. still the same.
i then disabled the exchange plugin & ran the commands again. still no
password prompt.sheesh.

charles zeitler