Re: kernel development approach for fedora

Mail Lists wrote:
   While that is true, the argument goes that large periodic releases
has drawbacks too - and the kernel seems to be do pretty well with its
approach ... I still wonder whether the kernel way may work for fedora ..
Linux kernel development model is pretty unique and very distributed. It can't be readily compare to any other project. There are several different parallel branches - linux-mm, linux-next, linux-staging etc that feeds into the Linus branch. New releases come out every 3 months or so. There is a initial week merge period followed by a stabilization period. Even with the short release cycle, the number of patches is exceptionally high. The nature of development for distributions is primarily to act as a integration point for upstream projects. I doubt it will work well for Fedora.

Rahul