Re: Failed boot cannot find device

Steve West wrote:

>     How do you create inird with mkinitrd if you do not have the new
>     kernel modules loaded to make initrd? I get an error saying cannot
>     find modules for kernel number.
>
>     Steve

That is not an error from not having the modules loaded. That is an
error because you skipped the install modules step when building the
kernel. You may have also skipped the step to build the modules. I
hate to say thins, but it looks like you had better go back a step
or two, and do some more research on building kernels.

Mikkel