F10 beta: No xorg.conf, where to tweak Synaptics pad?

Hello List,

I'm on F10 (Dell D610 laptop) and so far it's gone very well. rhgb hangs but I shut that off anyhow.

I'm a bit confused about the Synaptics support. I'd traditionally had a large-ish xorg.conf that included all my Synaptics parameters making my touchpad useful.

F10 doesn't ship with an xorg.conf and it seems that the input hotplug facility now handles all of this. However, I can't find any way to tweak the parameters of my Synaptics pad.

I started down the road of creating a basic xorg.conf but it seems I have to have quite a lot in there in order for X to even start. I don't want to do this if I don't have to. So I have 2 questions:

1. Synaptics parameters are really *user* preferences -- where should these be stored, if X isn't controlling it?

2. If I do revive my old xorg.conf, am I giving up any of the dynamic-ness of newer Xorg in F10 by doing so? I want to have X completely manage my displays itself; no static data.

Any help is appreciated! Original thread is on the forum, if you're interested (but it's a dead end, as explained in my last post).

-Chris