Re: IPV6INIT=no, but does anyway on local network

On Monday 06 October 2008, Craig White wrote:
>On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 20:35 -0500, Thomas Cameron wrote:
>> Gene Heskett wrote:
>> > Greetings;
>> >
>> > In /etc/sysconfig/ifcfg-eth0 I have the line as in the subject, but I
>> > note that bringing up eth0, at a fixed ipv4 address in the 192.168
>> > block, there is about a 5 second pause doing it, and ifconfig does
>> > report what looks like valid ipv6 addresses for both eth0 and lo.
>> >

>> > How does one go about disabling that?
>>
>> What happens if you add:
>>
>> install ipv6 /bin/true

This worked, and eth0 comes up in half the former time.  Thanks.

>> to /etc/modprobe.conf?  Forgive me if that doesn't work, I don't have a
>> Fedora box to play with at the moment, only RHEL 5.
>
>----
>I've read that works
>
>other methods that should work...
>
>adding
>NETWORKING_IPV6=no
>to /etc/sysconfig/network and reboot

Humm, that is a syntax change, I have had a simple
IPV6INIT=no in there for some years.  It only stopped working to disable ipv6
when I changed motherboards, trading the 2.1Ghz xp-2800 for a 4 core 2.2Ghz
phenom.

I've adjusted that also, thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene