Re: Video card

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Paul Johnson <pauljohn32@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think you are barking up the wrong tree if you think
> the Fedora core users are going to help you very much with the choice
> of video hardware or the development of software.

Indeed. It actually shocks me a little. Lots of things work, more and
more as time passes. But, it seems to me, lots of relatively common
things don't work. And reliable lists of working hardware are
difficult to cross-reference for things like which distro it
apparently worked on, or if they say so, it's relevant to FC2 or
something.

I, for example, have been trying to figure out if anybody has seen any
dual-head pci-x card work with Fedora out of the box. I pay pretty
close attention every time someone one the list brings up choosing
video hardware, but every solution seems to involve recompiling some
core system component or using binary drivers. And most don't get
anything to work until they've appeased the
Endlessly-Tweaking-Config-Files god.

I keep telling myself, "Someday!" And that someday seems closer all
the time, but as far as I can tell, it hasn't arrived yet.

*sigh*