Re: pine for FC9

Robert Holtzman wrote:
On Sat, 4 Oct 2008, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

edwardspl@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Dear All,

Do you know where can we d/l the pine rpm package for FC9 ?

Livna but it is obsoleted by Alpine which is under a free and open source (Apache) license.

The University of Washington has dropped development of Alpine and laid off most, if not all, of the developers. Check the Alpine mailing list archives.

What's your point? The source is still available, the license is okay, why don't you want to use it?

This is not a fast moving target, I ran one version I built from old source on various machines for almost a decade. If there's a real need for fixes I suppose it will move to sourceforge or similar, otherwise it's in a bunch of distributions and usable as is.

I'm not sure there was a need for development other than a load of creeping featurism, it is what it is and does well those things it does at all.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>