Re: lost my cordless mouse

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 09:46 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 08:26 -0400, Raymond C. Rodgers wrote:
> > Todd Zullinger wrote:

> > > This is supposed to be fixed by xorg-x11-server-1.5.0-2.fc9¹.  That
> > > hasn't been pushed into updates-testing yet, but if you want, you can
> > > grab the package from koji and see if it fixes the problem for you.
> > >
> > > ¹ https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/xorg-x11-server-1.5.0-2.fc9
> > >

> > I had a similar but possibly stranger experience on Friday and haven't
> > booted back into F9 (x86_64) since. I booted into F9 to see if there
> > were any updates on Friday morning, and found that there weren't any.
> > But I discovered my audio wasn't working, which hasn't been too unusual,
> > so I unplugged a couple of USB device which PulseAudio has in the past
> > tried to use as the default audio devices, and rebooted. My cordless
> > mouse stopped working at that point. The thing that makes this really
> > strange is that the mouse is a part of the Logitech Wave Cordless
> > Desktop package that has worked flawlessly for me for months, and the
> > keyboard continued to work. Without any updates or related configuration
> > changes, I can't see how the mouse would just stop working, nor did it
> > start working again after I plugged the two USB devices back in.
>
> I have the exact same wireless desktop and mine quit working as well.  I
> install/reinstall/test various things on this workstation, so I had
> reinstalled F9 and didn't run the xorg updates as of yet due to the
> problems.  But you weren't running under the new updates as of yet, so
> when you rebooted, it was then that you were running under them and that
> is when your mouse wouldn't work.  You will need to grab the fixed
> package from koji to get it working again I guess.
>
> Bout to do it myself in the next couple minutes.  Will post the result
> right after in case you want to wait.

And the fix mentioned on the site above does indeed work and mouse is
fully functional after the reboot after the updates.  So either update
as normal, then update to the fix before rebooting, or if already have
updates, update to the fix and reboot again and should run OK.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx