Re: no livna RPM's for my kernel?

On Sat, 2008-09-20 at 00:06 -0700, Scott Harvanek wrote:
> I would then suggest just grabbing the driver from the
> nvidia site and compiling it

I didn't think they gave you source to compile, just a closed-source
pre-compiled binary (and one that buggers up X if you run it).  Do tell
us where you've found compilable source.

We've been much better off using the drivers provided by Livna, etc., as
they're set up to install the drivers without messing up the rest of X
on our System.  That's something that's extremely important for anybody
who either needs to quickly revert to a system untainted by the NVidia
drivers (which means restoring the damaged files, not just removing
"nvidia" as the driver name in the xorg.conf file), or who runs two
video outputs at the same time, one of them not NVidia.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.