Re: no livna RPM's for my kernel?

Michael,
I don't see it, I would then suggest just grabbing the driver from the nvidia site and compiling it, it works very well and you can easily write a script for boot to recompile if there is a kernel change.

Michael Hannon wrote:
Howdy.  I've got the following kernel installed on my Fedora 9 system:

$ cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.26.3-29.fc9.x86_64 (mockbuild@) (gcc version 4.3.0 20080428 (Red Hat 4.3.0-8) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Wed Sep 3 03:16:37 EDT 2008

This system has an nVidia Corporation GeForce 6100 nForce 430 video controller, for which I've been using the drivers from livna.  At the moment, there doesn't seem to be a livna package for this kernel.

For instance, if I look at:

    http://livna-dl.reloumirrors.net/fedora/9/x86_64/

the most recent RPM's I can find for kmod-nvidia are:

    http://livna-dl.reloumirrors.net/fedora/9/x86_64/kmod-nvidia-173.14.12-3.lvn9.x86_64.rpm

and:

    http://livna-dl.reloumirrors.net/fedora/9/x86_64/kmod-nvidia2.6.25.9-76.fc9.x86_64-173.14.09-2.lvn9.x86_64.rpm

I.e., I don't see anything for the 2.6.26 kernel.  Am I missing the obvious, or looking in the wrong places, or ...?  At the moment I'm stuck using the less-than-perfect nv driver.

By the way, I don't usually have to poke around on the livna web site at all.  Usually, all it takes is a "yum update" to get a reasonable nvidia driver.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-- Mike

--
Scott Harvanek		PGP KeyID: 0xCBCE5168 | URL: http://www.mcguyverofbeer.com/pgp.html