Re: Fetchmail + Sendmail for local users ??

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Zylogue wrote:

> This looks like it will be a great solution for my needs, as well.
> However, I need to be able to respond/reply to messages from a variety of
> accounts and still have the sent message going out the correct account.
> This is for internal e-mail accounts that I have in some monitored
> customer's networks and for mailing lists.
>
> How could this be handled sensibly?

I'm beginning to sound as if I set myself up as some sort of expert
on dovecot/IMAP, which I am far from being.

But dovecot stores email in different folders,
and I would have thought it would be easy enough (eg with procmail)
to save mail in the appropriate folder.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

I am getting some SMTP error also for fetching mails ??? as follows

fetchmail: IMAP< A0005 OK FETCH completed
fetchmail: IMAP> A0006 FETCH 1 RFC822.HEADER
fetchmail: IMAP< * 1 FETCH (RFC822.HEADER {465}
reading message arunsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@72.18.135.139:1 of 3 (465 header octets)
fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed
fetchmail: IMAP> A0007 LOGOUT
fetchmail: IMAP< )
fetchmail: IMAP< A0006 OK FETCH completed
fetchmail: IMAP< * BYE IMAP4rev1 Server logging out
fetchmail: IMAP< A0007 OK LOGOUT completed
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from arunsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@resonance and delivering to SMTP host localhost
fetchmail: 6.3.4 querying resonance (protocol IMAP) at Mon Sep  8 17:32:16 2008: poll completed
fetchmail: 6.3.4 querying resonance (protocol auto) at Mon Sep  8 17:32:16 2008: poll completed
fetchmail: Query status=10 (SMTP)
fetchmail: normal termination, status 10
.. checking failed!

can some body help in configuring fetch mail properly ??

regards

Arun