Re: Fedora home server using core 9

Timothy Murphy wrote:
<snip>
> I'm not sure what you mean.

i forget now. :o(

i am not using f9. waiting for f10 to come out to see if all of problems
with f9 are cleaned up. from what i have noted in various threads, 'nm'
is among them and a lot switched back to 'ns'.

> In my experience this simply did not work 50% of the time,

strange. in f8, i have little trouble with 'ns', tho i am not using wireless
as of yet.

<snip>
> largely because of the complete lack of documentation.

this is true of most all software being written now. almost as if after
a bunch of hacking they get something to work and do not know how or why.

it is a shame that source code writers do not have time to write docs,
which causes a need to load source on system, only to find that they
do not have source well commented.

> I also find it annoying that WiFi  connection is not established
<snip>
> to the last AP I attached to, if that is available.

can you not set this up in /etc/rc.d/rc.local? then you would have only to
figure how to pass last connection to it. tho i wonder if this would help
if you are not in same place a lot.

maybe you need to consider getting sleep/hibernate to work.

> I also wish it would stick to WiFi,

again, rc.local / hibernate?

> "A program should do one thing, and do it well."

not a slogan of source code writers. ;o)

> I feel about NM as Winston Churchill did about democracy,
> "It is the worst possible system, except for all the others
> that have been tried from time to time."

this is true. try, try and try again. if all else fails, try one more time.

- --
tc,hago.

.

learn linux: