GUI application for converting/resizing videos

People,

I usually convert/resize/transform video files using avidemux, with good
results. However, I have here some high resolution video files
(1920x1080 @ 60 fps) generated by a Sanyo camcorder that are played
correctly, although slow, in kaffeine, but are not read correctly in
avidemux.
avidemux shows the lower half of the videos completely distorted and the
upper half out of proportion. When these videos are converted to other
formats or even transformed in any way and saved back with the same
codec avidemux had detected in the original files, the resulting files
are completely useless and their sizes are about 5 times the sizes of
the originals.
Any ideas on why this happens?
Is there other GUI applications in fedora repos that can
convert/resize/transform video files?

Thanks,

Marcelo