Re: update error on F9

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 21:28:13 -0700
pnewell@xxxxxxxxxx (Paul Newell) wrote:

...snipp...
My question to fedora-list is "what is the org.frredesktop.etc error
and how to I correct so it will work". If I need to go command line
and do it through yum, that's okay ... I just need a bit of guidance
on the process.

Do not login as root and attempt to run PackageKit/update. Either: - Login as root, but run 'yum update' from a terminal. - Login as a normal user and apply updates via PackageKit. See:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageKitFaq#system-install-packages_and_gpk-install-file_do_not_work_when_run_as_the_root_user.21

Thanks in advance,
Paul

kevin
Thanks, will try this suggestion during the next week

Paul