update error on F9

Finally managed to get FC5 upgraded to F9 by forgetting the upgrade and doing a full re-installation (the thread on 6 -> 9 made it clear I had to do that if I had any errors).

Even managed to get internet access which I could never do on FC5, so I'm already ahead of the game.

I got the expected notice of all the stuff that needed to be updated via pop-up and said "sure" after I had logged in as root to make sure there would be no permissions issue. It failed with the following error message:

org.freedesktop.packagelist.update-system
auth_admin_keep_always

I tried from the other pulldown (admin?) for update system, got the window, said update, it did nothing.

I was able to verify that I could get an update by downloading Firefox 3.0.1 (install DVD has Firefox 3 Beta 5) ... of course I couldn't install it as I could figure it out since it wasn't the "ultra newbie" Windows "download, click, install" system (since I've never had internet access on Linux, I know this is another issue I have to learn ... and will).

My question to fedora-list is "what is the org.frredesktop.etc error and how to I correct so it will work". If I need to go command line and do it through yum, that's okay ... I just need a bit of guidance on the process.

Thanks in advance,
Paul