Re: pulseaudio, howto make it work?

Sorry, I don't saw all discussion. But I know how to make work in F9 pulseaudio.
Just add user to groups: pulse, pulse-access, pulse-rt. Restart server. It's work for me.

2008/8/24 Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Russell Miller wrote:

> Craig White wrote:
>> I think he gave you a really good answer too...
>>
>> pulseaudio doesn't set the user permissions on devices but is handled by
>> ConsoleKit / HAL
>>
>> If you give a report on your audio hardware submitted to ConsoleKit
>> package, they could fix the problem (assuming that someone else hasn't
>> already reported it).

> OK, fair enough.  But let me push back - why should I have to open
> another report?  Shouldn't it be transferrable?  Shouldn't either he or
> I be able to just change it to the consolekit queue?

Yes, reassigning bugzilla assignments is trivial.  (I do it all the time.) :)

-- Rex

Marcin Kłapkowski

"A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it."
Frank Herbert, Dune