Re: non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:40 AM, David <dgboles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At the very least it should be suggested, recommended, or maybe an
> 'auto signup' when signing up for any other of the 'public type' lists.
> For them, the newer users, because it is important. Those of us with
> experience know, or should know, enough to do that.

It is suggested... on the communication page.. one click from the
fedoraproject home page.

All the lists are public. All of them are archived.

How is it so important that Fedora must do it for everyone, but people
can't do it for themselves?

Why must I be subjected to something that I don't want (if that's the
case) instead of you getting to choose what you do want?

You all make it sound like the fedora announce list was some secret
list, or that there were no expectations that there would be important
announcements about fedora on the fedora-announce-list. I find this
deeply irrational and it frustrates me trying to understand this
position some of you have taken. Not only is it on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate#User_Mailing_Lists, it's the
first one listed (due to alphabetical order)

( www.pembo13.com )