Re: Java applets not starting F-9 , firefox-3

g wrote:

Per Anton Rønning wrote:
<snip>

dis you check this???

also, under 'preferences > content' insure that it is enabled and check
'advanced' to see what is allowed.
Yes, Java and Javascript are both enabled. I always make sure of that.

<snip>
    Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_16-b02
    File name: libjavaplugin_oji.so
    Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_16

which is good. but you do need to make sure that you have it enabled thru
you firefox preferences.

also, by any chance are you running 'noscript'? this is an extension
that you have to install to get into firefox. if you did not install it,
or do not know, then you probably do not have it.

to also see what you have install, in main menu bar, click 'tools > add-ons',
then check 'extensions' and 'plugins' to see what extras you have. anything
under 'extensions' will be 'noscript', if you have it. under 'plugins', you
should see 'java' and what ever else you have added.

what do you have listed?

There are several plugins, among which the Java plugin is listed.
The noscript extension is not present. How do I get it - and what is it for?
It is not listed among "get add-ons"

Also in reply to Ed:
There are two web-pages (both for interactive currency trading):
1) http://www.cbfx.com and
2) http://www.forex.com
Both these are made for JRE 1.4... are there major revisions in 1.5 that might
cause problems?
I cannot give out login information :-) , but the point is that no login screen appears
at all. So if anyone gets a login screen let me know.

Site 2 shows a dialog - first it tries to initialize the applet,
then it reports failure to do so.

Brgds
PAR