Re: F8: Nautilus: Strange behaviors...

g wrote:

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
<snip>
As the rolling joke goes, I keep my mouse balls clean. :D

to wit, your mouse has more than one?
No, just one ball - I was trying to make a joke out of it. Guess it didn't work ;)
does jumping occur in both axes? open it's sack [unscrew top from bottom, not
just remove ball retainer] and look inside. check to see if chopper [disk with
holes] is dirty or if chopper axle rod, ball presses against it, and ball
pressure roller, have any built up.

to check mouse's tail, hold mouse firmly with one hand, wiggle tail. also,
while moving mouse in straight line, wiggle tail to see if jumping increases.

I have done all that you said: unscrewed the base and checked everything out - it it is fully functioning - no wire breaks - chopper wheel clean, both axis, all of that. The mouse works fine. The problem appears when working with Nautilus - but other applications works fine. I even tried another mouse (same make) and the problem is still there. As I said, the problem is induced when over-taxing Nautilus, along with "abusing" the scrollbars, fast-clicking via the folders, moving the mouse around "too fast" between panes, and so on. I have learned to "take it easy" on Nautilus by slowing
down and the problem occurs more rarely.

Dan