F8: Nautilus: Strange behaviors...

I am noticing that Nautilus (or Gnome) is behaving quite strangely at times:

1) Clicking folders, renaming folders too quickly causes nautilus to hang and
   sometimes in a hang will umount /media/*. Killing N. will kill all N.
   windows and sometimes N. will restore /media/* mounts, but not always.

2) Moving the pointers around too quickly in N. causes the mouse to move
either far left or far right; it opens whatever it hits (mostly background,
   depending on where the mouse pointer lands and what events were issued
at that moment) and wrecks havoc; most of the time, I can simply hit escape key to gain some sense of normalcy, but only if I am paying attention; sometimes
   N. will perform /media/* unmounts.

3) Sometimes the mouse pointer "jumps around" very quickly, perhaps depending on what you were doing and what events were captured at the time it happens.

I cannot figure out what is going on and why it happens - it just does - but I think it may have something to do with N. being put into a state perhaps due to not able
to "catch up" with the user - I cannot put my finger on it...

Dan