Re: Infrastructure status, 2008-08-16 UTC 1530

Tim:
>> [tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
>> 2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

Vassilios Kotoulas:
> this is exactly what i didn't install because of the announce

As I recall, that was installed before the announcement.

I would hope that if maliciousness was the reason for it, that we would
have had a more specific warning that updates should not be downloaded,
and why.  As opposed to some other warning that you mightn't be able to
download all the files you need thanks to a system fault - which is the
alternative people are guessing at, but still don't really know about.

The original notice was woeful, and nothing has been done to properly
clarify the situation, since.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686